Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday

Well, it's Sunday and this weekend has blown by like it usually does. I woke up with a horrible sore throat. I am convinced that this is because I smoked approximately 35 cigs yesterday. I just started smoking about a week ago again after quitting since Thanksgiving of last year. I got stressed, bought a pack, saw some mob movies, etc.. you know the usual bullshit. I had Amanda come with me to Walmart to buy the patches yesterday because I truly hate smoking and don't want to smoke any more days then I have already. I decided that I would make yesterday my last hoo-ra so I chained like an old woman from Alabama with those long virginia slims hanging out of their mouths. You know... the ones that make you want to throw up at the idea that human beings can actually look like this. I am happy because today I get to spend the day with my wife and yesterday I barely saw her. We went to breakfast and like I said, bought me the patches, but other than that, she was babysitting and I was practicing with my band. I am in a band called "The Verge of Bliss". It's just a name we are using for now but not necessarily the final name. We are booked at a place called the Blue Moose Tavern (thebluemoosetavern.com) on January 24th, 2009. This will be our first gig and my first gig in over 8 years! I am playing drums currently in the band and hopefully will be singing backup. I like to think that I can harmonize pretty well. Well, I guess that is all I can think of for now. My throat is burning and I need to go have another cigarette so I can start these damn patches full swing. Wish me luck and have a great Sunday to whomever reads this.

No comments: